Saturday, September 25, 2010

Making Ornaments/Package Toppers

For the past five days I've been cutting fabric for the 2010 Ornament/Package Topper Sale. Whenever I'm fabric shopping, I'm always on the lookout for new fabrics that would be suitable for the Ornament/Package Toppers. Sometimes the fabric is perfect... a patchwork design and cutting out the forms is easy.


But most of the time it requires a lot of patience and tedious work to get the matching images cut out of the fabric. Here is an example of how I do it. I have little sizing forms that I place over the image and then I mark with a pen inside the square to outline the cutting edge.


Sometimes if there is a long car trip we have to make, I will take a market up fabric with me and cut out the images while Mr. Sprocket drives. In this photo below, every Ziplock® bag is a different fabric with the Ornament/Package Topper pieces cut out and ready to be sewn together and stuffed.


I hope to have a sample set of all the Ornament/Package Toppers on sale this year photographed and up on the blog for sale by Monday or Tuesday.

No comments: